Better storytellers, one broadcast journalism teacher at a time.
ASB 4-STATE CONFERENCE
ASB is proud to announce the return of the 4-State Conference, as we invite kids and teachers from Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas and Missouri to compete in a number of exciting on-site, and upload contests, providing the opportunity for your students to learn new techniques, and earn recognition for excellence in broadcast and creative production. The event will take place November 4 - 6 at the University Plaza Hotel, the location of the first "Four-State" back in 2008.
- November 4 - 6, 2017
- University Plaza Hotel, Springfield MO
- Registration: $50 (includes two on-site contests)
- Off-Site Contests: $10 each
- Free registration for teachers who bring 12+ students
- Free registration for presenting teachers
2018 RETURNERS WORKSHOP
This fast-paced workshop is open to teachers who have attended one of our workshops in the past. We plan new presentations, new hands-on experiences, and that same camaraderie and sharing teachers expect from ASB. It all takes place in Springfield, MO, home of the original ASB Workshop.
- Dates: TBA, Summer 2018
- Location TBA
- Previous Year's Cost: $595 (includes lodging)
- Open to returning teachers
- Previous Year's Commuter Cost: $450
ASB Workshop: New England
Scholastic Media Association is proud to host the original, tried and true, level-one broadcasting "camp" from ASB Workshops. Perfect for the first-time broadcast teacher, or a veteran who wants to recharge the batteries. It's the perfect blend of theory and practice, with inspiring sessions in the morning, and challenging, hands-on assignments in the afternoons.
- July 23 - 27, 2017
- Hamden, Connecticut
- Cost: $650 (includes lodging) or $450 without lodging
- Registration Deadline: July 21, 2017
- Registration: 4 Spots Remaining
- Graduate Credit Available through Drury University
2017 TEACHER WORKSHOP
The original, tried and true, level-one broadcasting "camp" from ASB Workshops. Perfect for the first-time broadcast teacher, or a veteran who wants to recharge the batteries. It's the perfect blend of theory and practice, with inspiring sessions in the morning, and challenging, hands-on assignments in the afternoons.
- July 9 - 14, 2017
- Springfield, MO
- Cost: $650 (includes lodging)
- Commuter Cost: $450
- Registration Deadline: June 9, 2017
- Registration: SOLD OUT
The Video Coach DVD series is made for journalism classrooms. Whether you're learning to shoot or instructing students, each volume illustrates best practices with with plenty of examples and even printable lesson plans. Since its release in 2010, the series has become a standard in broadcast journalism classrooms across the country.
Inspiration meets Saturation.
Learn More / Buy Now ›