This fast-paced workshop is open to teachers who have attended one of our workshops in the past. We plan new presentations, new hands-on experiences, and that same camaraderie and sharing teachers expect from ASB. It all takes place in Springfield, MO this year, home of the original ASB Workshop.
- Springfield, MO | June 25 - 29, 2018 (Mon-Fri) Lodging on Sunday, June 24 included
- Registration: $625
- Open to returning teachers
- 30 Spots Available
- Registration Deadline: June 1, 2018
A workshop designed for teachers who have attended at least one ASB workshop in the past, this is another fast-paced week filled with great information and hands-on experiences. The Returners Workshop builds on the first workshop and helps teachers consider new approaches, and practical techniques beyond the basics.
Attendees will learn more in 2018 about the latest storytelling methods schools and professionals are using, and how we can continue to challenge students to create strong journalistic content no matter what tools they use.
Returners will collaborate, and will also tell their own stories during the week. Learning from each other, and considering new approaches, is part of the overall experience.
What to Bring
- Camcorder, any size, and your media (cards or tape)
- Tripod, external microphone and headphones
- Final Cut Pro X editing stations are provided, but you are welcome to bring your own laptop and editing software
- here will be a simple pre-workshop assignment to be completed by all attendees
Travel & Lodging
Returners Workshop begins on Monday morning, and concludes Friday afternoon at 2:30. Lodging on Sunday night is included in your fee (except, obviously, for commuters).
Lodging at Drury University’s “College Park” is included in the cost of the workshop. Each attendee has a private bedroom and shared kitchens and living rooms.
Transportation to and from the Springfield-Branson (SGF) airport, and all workshop activities during the week is also included in the cost of the workshop. However, attendees are welcome to use their own transportation.
- Note: Commuters who provide their own lodging and transportation pay a reduced workshop fee of $450.
Attendees will accumulate a minimum of 35 hours of professional development time, which will be documented and verified by certificate
Optional graduate credit is available through Drury University. Teachers may enroll for up to two credits. Tuition is paid directly to the university, and may be taken care of during the week of the workshop.
- Drury also offers an entire Master’s degree built around attending the ASB Workshop at the beginning and end of the degree program, with all other courses taken online. For more information, contact Dave Davis.